Even if you and your children don't need care right now, you'll feel more confident if you know that your healthcare insurance plan allows you bring your child to the only East Bay hospital that's 100% focused on kids
: Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland. In this period of open enrollment, we encourage you to consider your options and determine whether or not you're getting everything you need from your current insurance provider.
If you're not sure about your current plan, scan the list of insurance plans we contract with. If your plan isn't among them, consider this: at the average general hospital, only 5% of the patients are children. Those hospitals are giving most of their attention and resources to caring for adults. That's not the case at Children's Hospital. Here we have fellowship-trained pediatric specialists and subspecialists at every turn, as well as pediatrics-trained nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, surgical techs, Child Life specialists—even art therapists and school teachers.
As Northern California's only independent children's hospital, we take pride in focusing all our staff, all our technology, and all our resources on the advanced treatment of the children in our care.
Ask your pediatrician about Children's Hospital Oakland, and learn more about us on this website.
Insurers Contracting With Children's Hospital Oakland
The commercial managed care providers listed below currently contract with Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland. This list may not include all of the managed Medi-Cal or Healthy Family Plans.
If you have any questions, please call a customer service representative in Patient Accounting at: 510-428-3485
- Aetna (all plans)
- BCE Emergis PPO
- Beech Street PPO
- Blue Cross of California (all plans)
- Blue Shield of California (all plans)
- ChoiceCare PPO Network
- Cigna Health Plan (all plans)
- Community Care Network (CCN) PPO
- Contra Costa Health Plan
- First Health PPO Network
- Great West Life (all plans)
- Health Net (all plans)
- Health Payors Organization, Ltd.
- Hometown Health Plan (Nevada)
- Humana PPO
- Network Interplan PPO
- Network Multiplan Pacific Health Alliance PPO
- PacifiCare of California (all plans) PPO
- Next Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Sutter Connect (members assigned to Alta Bates Medical Group)
- USA Managed Care Organization
- 6 Northern Nevada Labor Trust Funds