Why Families Choose Us
- Cardiac imaging for children is a different experience than imaging for adults. Kids can have a hard time holding still for long procedures. The anesthesia and tools needed for infants and very young children are much more specialized. Our specialist work only on children and have techniques to avoid or minimize sedation or anesthesia.
- We provide more than 6000 transthoracic echocardiograms, 900 fetal echocardiograms, and 200 cardiac catheterizations each year. Our noninvasive imaging lab is designed specifically with your child in mind.
A Reputation You Can Trust
- Our cardiac MRI and CT service is run by one of the world's top cardiac imaging experts, Taylor Chung, MD and Gregory Kurio, MD. Our position as a world leader in advanced pediatric cardiac imaging means that our expertise is your advantage—and we use both to reach a positive outcome for your child.
- A team of board certified pediatric cardiologists interprets all echocardiograms, including transthoracic, transesophageal, and three-dimensional echocardiograms.
- Attending cardiologists supervise all aspects of care—from diagnostic testing to therapy—and tailor a care plan for each individual patient to ensure the best outcomes.
Less Invasive, Minimum Anesthesia
- Our noninvasive cardiac techniques provide a more accurate assessment and get your child that much closer to the treatment he or she needs.
- In many cases, we're able to perform MRI studies with light sedation rather than general anesthesia or without sedation altogether. Not only does this minimize the amount of time your child spends in the hospital, but also reduces many of the anxieties common with this type of procedure.