747 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
Why Families Choose Us
Respiratory Critical Care, Research, and Sleep Studies
- Specializing in neonatal and pediatric respiratory critical care, neonatal and pediatric transport, asthma care, sleep studies, pulmonary function studies, pediatric pulmonary rehabilitation, and neonatal and pediatric ventilation, we're Northern California’s leading pediatric respiratory center.
- Through our research branch, we also perform advanced respiratory care research—just another part of our collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to healthcare.
Qualified, Licensed Pediatric Respiratory Staff
- The Respiratory Care Services team is composed of more than 50 respiratory therapists who have advanced training in pediatric respiratory care and access to the most innovative, state-of-the-art respiratory care technology available.
- In keeping with our commitment to quality pediatric healthcare, all respiratory care services at Children’s Hospital Oakland are provided by respiratory care practitioners (RCPs) who are licensed by the state of California.
Comprehensive Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Options
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland is certified for cystic fibrosis (CF) care both nationally through the CF Foundation, and at the state level through California Children’s Services (CSS).
- We're one of the only Northern California centers to offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services specifically for pediatric CF patients, particularly as they relate to additional healthcare conditions that arise as a result of the disease.
Specialized Asthma Treatment Center in Oakland
- Asthma is the single-largest admitting diagnosis at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland. We’re committed to helping kids with asthma breathe easier and to helping our communities do a better job of understanding the causes and conditions that contribute to asthma.
- Besides acute medical care to treat asthma by pulmonologists who specialize in treating kids and only kids, Children’s Hospital has an extensive program of asthma education throughout the East Bay Area community.