Pediatric Hospitalists are primary care pediatricians who serve as a central point of access and consultation for physicians calling to admit patients. Hospitalists help facilitate the complex interaction of specialists and hospital systems to provide the highest level of coordinated care. Hospitalists also coordinate all direct admissions and transfers of patients from outside hospitals to our acute care units, and are available to serve as inpatient consultants or assume attending responsibilities for any admitted patient at the request of a medical staff physician.
747 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
Why Families Choose Us
Physicians Ranked the "Best Doctors in America"
- Children's physicians have had years of special training to
become experts in treating children. When physicians themselves are
polled by the Harvard Medical School as to whom they would refer their
own children or loved ones, our doctors are consistently listed among
the Best Doctors in America.
Pediatricians Who Are Experts in Treating Childhood Diseases
- Children’s Hospital Oakland is unique in offering sub-specialty
expertise in all areas of childhood diseases and disorders—as well as
between all Children's Hospital departments—giving children the most
comprehensive care possible.
- Children’s is one of few pediatric hospitals that also has a
research institute known worldwide for its focus on pediatric research,
which improves the cure rate and quality of survival for even the
Life Saving Research—Medical Breakthroughs & Cures
- Research that has changed medicine worldwide was originated and
is conducted right here at Children’s Hospital Oakland Research
- Children’s research scientists collaborate with clinical
subspecialists who have pediatric expertise and are successful in
bringing the best ideas from
the laboratory to the patient in the form of promising new
- Parents can choose to participate in clinical trials using experimental and potentially lifesaving therapies.