Why Families Choose Us
Quality Care and a Focus on Your Child
- Children with tuberculosis exposure, infection, and disease are cared for by infectious disease physicians who are the experts on pediatric tuberculosis in Northern California.
- We know that quality healthcare is about more than the disease. When a child has been exposed to TB or is suspected to have TB infection or disease, it can be frightening and stressful for parents and families. We make the experience easier by providing attentive care in a thoughtful and compassionate manner.
- We have experience serving a diverse population and have insight into the unique needs and concerns of different cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Placement and interpretation of tuberculin skin tests (PPDs)
- Obtaining and interpreting interferon gamma release assays (IGRAs)
- Chest radiographs (x-rays) and other radiographic studies, as needed
- Laboratory services
- Coordination with other consulting services
- Admission to Children’s Hospital Oakland if necessary
- We provide parents and families comprehensive education about the diagnosis and treatment of TB.
- Our infectious disease physicians serve as a resource to community pediatricians helping them whenever challenging questions about pediatric tuberculosis arise.
- We provide education about pediatric TB to practicing physicians and physicians-in-training through lectures and other educational programs.
Related Departments / Services
Call the specialty department directly.
To refer, call the Infectious Diseases department directly.
Fax Referrals to: 510-601-3957